Thursday, October 7, 2010

9 Days and 14 Cows

1 - OH MY GOODNESS!
I leave for Kenya in 9 days!!! I am getting so excited, and of course un-surprisingly I haven't packed anything. All the stuff I plan on taking is sitting on a table in room, but who knows if it will all fit, soon I will solve that problem. Tomorrow, I will go to Bloomington for the Cultural Immersions send-off meeting, and hopefully meet my travel buddy from Iowa. Aaaahhhhh, I CAN'T WAIT!

 2 - Today while my students (from student teaching) were in the library for book exchange I came across an amazing find, a book called 14 Cows for America. The books is the story of a gift given to America by the Massai people of Kenya. It is a beautiful book from its pictures to its message. A definite must read and I am so glad I found it before my trip. I plan on reading it to my students next week as a way to say goodbye and help them make a connection to where I am headed.

http://14cowsforamerica.com/

3 comments:

  1. Wishing you much success and safety. I'm looking forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful and memorable journey! I'm envious! Thanks for the blog - I'll be keeping up with your adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic adventure! Have an awesome time.

    ReplyDelete