Friday, October 15, 2010

The Gear Post

As I was finishing up all my packing tonight, my dad mentioned that one of the things people are interested in when they read travel blogs are the gear you use on your trip. I had already made a list of everything I was taking and where it was in my bag, so all that was left to do was take some pictures. 

For all of the travel junkies out there 
(and perhaps future Cultural Immersions participants) 
here is everything (almost) that I am taking.







Big Bag Front
Flash Light
2 – Cans of Instant Coffee
10 – Cliff Bars
IU Hat
Cubs Hat
Roll of Red Duct Tape
Leather Man-y type tool









Big Bag Right
Binoculars
Head strap/tiny flash light
Batteries 20AAA, 16AA
Water Purifier
2 – 15 counts wipes
1 – 60 count Facial wipes













Big Bag Left
Flash Cards
Thank you cards
The Golden Compass Book
Three Cups of Tea Book
Pencils
Erasers
Glue Sticks
2 – 24 Count Crayons
Pencil Sharpener







Big Bag H20 Pouch
2 – Color Books
Lined Paper
Printer Paper
Itinerary
ID Copies
Flip Flops
Extra Memory Card




This picture also contains the letter that Tim Callahan sent
back with the First Aid Kit. This is the First Aid Kit my dad
created for his trip to India, and although he did not make
the trip, the kit did. Callahan returned the kit for me to
take on my adventure and has welcomed me to the
"Campfire of travel stories." I look forward to my official initiation
where I will surely share my tales and perform some sort of
Chaingolian rite of passage ritual.






Big Bag Bottom
First Aid Kit
Clothes Blue
Personal Green
Sleeping Bag













Thank you Lauren for the
AWESOME JACKET!
&
Thanks Barb for the ton-o-gum!  
 
Big Bag Main
Extra Eddie Bauer Bag
Ziploc of extra wipes
Green Rain Jacket
Ziploc of Candy
Tennis Shoes
Green Clothes Bag
Orange Clothes Bag
Tons of Gum











Carry On
Computer
Toothbrush
Journal
Camera
Ziploc of 2 Toothpaste
Pens
Ipod
1 stick of deodorant
Gum
Harry Potter Book
1 – 2oz bug spray
Chapstick
Yellow Sunglasses
1 – travel tissues
Converter and Adapter
IU Water bottle
Individual wipe packets
Poncho
2 – Decks of Cards
Hair ties
Ziploc of Phone/Modem
1 Deck of UNO cards
3 headbands
Folders
4 underwear
Head lamp
Envelopes I’m Shuttling
Slip
4 Cliff Bars
Roll of Red Duct Tape
Skirt
Medications
Money Belt/Passport&Visa
1 – Pair of socks
Cultural Immersions Papers




FINAL PRODUCTS
My life for the next 9 weeks!!! 

Did I overpack? Yes, probably. But much of it was intentional. I am taking a lot stuff with the intention of giving it away. In addition, I am sure, even after all that is stuffed in each bag, and all the lists, that somehow I will still get to Kenya and say, 
"Oh my god, I can't believe I forgot_________"




Now it is officially exactly 34 hours and 56 minutes until my first plane leaves!
Which is both amazing and means I should be in bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment